2017- 2018 WASBO Membership $175
2017 - 2018 Combined WASBO/ASBO Membership $400
2017 - 2018 Retired $87.50
2017 - 2018 Vendor/Affiliate $175
- Our twelve active committees keep members current in their profession and provide excellent networking and advice giving opportunities.
- Our workshops and classes help members grow professionally.
- Our website helps members get connected. Sample items such as the ASB Handbook, Business Manager’s Calendar, Purchasing Handbook and Records Management Manual help our members excel in their profession.
- We actively track and testify regarding legislation that affects school business.
- Our annual conference offers well over 80 workshops and break out sessions as well as excellent keynote speakers that help our members network and learn.
- We provide certification in three school business specialties that professionalize the position of school business personnel through the establishment of high standards of education, experience, ethics and performance.
- We have leaders who put the well being of the Association at the top of their list and volunteer their time to better our profession
- We have sponsor organizations which provide services to our members and school districts.
- Members stay informed from our quarterly newsletter and e-mail alerts.
More than 1000 school business professionals belong to WASBO.
Gain access to WASBO’s resources, join the fun and become a member today!
Goals of WASBO
- To unite in one state association, school employees whose primary responsibilities are in the school business field for improved statewide education and appropriate member recognition.
- To promulgate and establish the highest standards of ethics and efficiency in business methods and practices for schools.
- To conduct, sponsor, or join with others in research and service concerning school business. To make the results of pertinent committee projects and studies available to members and the public.
- To cooperate with other organizations in the development and improvement of school business related activities.
- To cooperate with and promote membership and participation in the Association of School Business Officials International (ASBO).
Membership in WASBO
There are four types of membership:
- Active Individual Membership: Any school employee directly concerned with the business administration and operation of schools, public or private, in the state of Washington may become a WASBO member. This includes officials and employees of Educational Service Districts, colleges and universities, State Auditors Office and the Office of State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Active WASBO and ASBO Individual Membership: This membership criteria is described above and includes an additional ASBO International membership.
- Affiliate Membership: Vendors and others not meeting the description above are welcome to join as Affiliate Members
- Retiree and Honorary Members: retired members or past-presidents that are no longer active in school districts.