ARE YOU READY TO GET STARTED?
SCHOOL DISTRICT P-CARD APPLICATION
Below Are The Application Documents Required To Start The Credit Process With The Bank.
WASBO has entered into an exciting partnership with the Illinois, Oregon and Wisconsin Associations of School Business Officials to offer p-Card to school districts at no cost.
Many school districts are turning to p-Cards instead of using traditional purchase orders. The experts note that “The average cost of processing a purchase order manually is between $75 and $200. Automating procurement reduces that cost to between $10 and $40.
The key to success is getting p-Cards into the hands of those who are currently making small purchases generating PO’s of less than $1,000. p-Card member spending limits can be established for each card in a variety of ways such as by creating transaction limits per card, establishing monthly limits and restricting use to only preferred suppliers. Interested in what other Washington School Districts are participating?
List of current WASBO BMO PCard participants
WHY IS WASBO SPONSORING THE P-CARD SERVICE?
- Eliminates the need for a separate contract for each district.
- Reduces multiple legal expenses.
- Provides rebates to schools that could not be obtained separately.
- Provides contract negotiation clout to assure low rates.
- Creates a user group/support network not obtainable with multiple programs and different contracts.
- Eliminates all start up costs to the district.
- Provides better training and in-servicing. The service is available 24-7.
- Creates a statewide database of what is being purchased and the quantity.
The program is easy to use and is managed online. Master Card was selected as the p-Card provider. It is accepted globally at over 35 million locations, few if any other cards are more widely accepted. Retailers benefit from low transaction charges. It has one of the lowest rates in the industry. The company has a superior vision around technology and e-commerce. MasterCoverage fraud protection insurance is provided. There is a dedicated Merchant Group (Moneris) to sign up suppliers. Cards are custom designed displaying the name of card holder, school district and tax exempt number (if desired). Individualized training is provided to the school district staff. There is no limit to the number of cards that may be issued.
Tutorials and lots more PCard information is available on the Illinois ASBO BMO p-Card Website
WASBO PCARD APPLICATION MATERIALS AND FORMS
- P-card Checklist - This checklist is designed to help you return the correct information so we can begin processing your application. This also includes where to send your application packet.
- Board Resolution (Sample) - You may use this template or create your own.
- BMO Agreement - This is your application to the Bank for a line of credit.
- Organization Setup Form - This form designates your program Administrators and sets up your cut off day, grace days and payment preference. You need one form completely filled out and a form with the contact information and signature of any other p-Card Administrator or Assistant Administrator in your district. This should be limited to the people in the business office administrating the program. Being a designated Administrator would allow them to activate card, change credit limits, order cards, close cards…etc.