Join us online for the day to learn more about crisis management, cyber security and/or renew your Certified School Risk Managers certification! The training will occur from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM with a lunch break from 12:00 to 1:00 PM.
Course breakdown to include:
Crisis Management & Disaster Planning
In this course, participants will:
- Define a crisis, its characteristics, and the potential impact it may have on an organization/school district
- Define crisis management and the principles of an effective crisis management program.
- Explain the four essential steps of the crisis management process.
- Identify the goals of crisis management before, during, and after a triggering event.
- List the key steps of creating a crisis management plan.
- Discuss the important considerations of reputation management during a crisis
Cyber security is a concern for every business or institution including the protection of sensitive and confidential information. Emerging cyber risks are always evolving, and trends must be continually studied. The course covers risk management protection strategies and plans.
Using a real-life case study, participants will explore:
- Security breaches and identity theft
- Protection of intangible assets
- Federal and state compliance issues (and expenses)
- Loss control solutions and risk financing options
About the Presenter
Ruth Unks is currently President of Timberland Consulting, LLC and previously was Director of Enterprise Risk Management at Maricopa Communicay Colleges (Phoenix, AZ) for 21 years. Before that, she was the Executive Director of Valley Schools Insurance (Phoenix, AZ). Ruth served as President of National PRIMA (Public Risk Managers Association) and recipient of the Distinguished Risk Manager award with URMIA. Ruth is a faculty member with CRM and CSRM programs.
- Member: $200/ea
- Non-Member: $240/ea
- Clock Hours/CPE Credit: 7 hours
For more information on WASBO's Professional Certification Program, please click here.
Please note all cancellation requests received:
- 30+ days prior to the event will receive a 50% refund of the registration fee.
- 29 or less days prior to the event are subject to no refund.
No-Shows are also subject to no refund. If you are registered for a workshop or training and do not attend without alerting the WASBO Team (No-Show), your district will be notified.
Name substitutions and location changes (if applicable, i.e. ASB workshops) will be accepted up to 10 working days prior to the event.