- Duration: 01/04/2021 - 01/31/2021 (Begins January 4, 2021 and ends January 31, 2021)
- Instructor: Danese Thaidigsman, CSBS, Retirement and Benefits Coordinator (Renton School District)
- Location: Take the class online (via computer) from the comfort of your own office or home.
- Course Capacity: Maximum enrollment is 15 students.
- Prerequisite(s): It is strongly recommended that you have completed all WASBO Payroll classes or have the equivalent of 3+ years district payroll experience to participate in these courses.
Retirement 110 provides a historical overview of the retirement plans in the State of Washington including significant dates and laws that impact membership and eligibility. The course identifies the role and responsibility of school districts as an employer with members of the various retirement plans. Course participants will become familiar with web-based tools and information providing them information which will assist in the monthly processing and membership eligibility.
Course participants will also be introduced to DRS governance – RCW’s and WAC’s, various communication tools, annual information and recordkeeping responsibility. The course will cover the contents of the Employer Handbook, review school district terms as they relate to monthly processing, eligibility and membership. There is also a review of contribution rates, forms, position eligibility and rules for retirement record retention. The course includes unique assignments that will help the participant build their own retirement manual for use after the class specific to the course content. This course is designed for individual seeking practical knowledge of retirement principles in Washington State School Districts.
A link for the registration will be emailed one week prior to the class start date.
- Members: $265/ea
- Non-Members: $290/ea
Not a WASBO Member? Join today to save money on registration and enjoy the benefits of membership!
- Clock hours/CPE Credit: 20 hours
You must complete and pass the class to receive all 20 clock hours. For more information on WASBO's Professional Certification Program, please click here.
Please note all cancellations received:
- 30+ days prior to the event will receive a 50% refund of their registration fee
- 29 or less days prior to the event are subject to no refund
No-shows are also subject to no refund. If you are registered for a workshop or training and you do not attend without alerting the WASBO Team (No-Show), your district will be notified.
Name substitutions and location changes (if applicable, i.e. ASB workshops) will be accepted up to 10 working days prior to the event.