Join us online for the day as the proper handling of ASB funds and related activities are reviewed to ensure your school/District remains in compliance with accounting practices/requirements. Included is guidance and recommended practices involving the good stewardship of public money.
This workshop has been specifically designed for Administrators, Business Officers, Principals, Assistant Principals, ASB Accountants, ASB Advisors, ASB Secretaries, Coaches, Student Leaders and any adult involved with ASB or Parent Groups.
Agenda to Include
*NEW beginning Fall 2020: We are pleased to introduce the second series of WASBO's micro-credentialing program through ASB Badges! This, along with the badge offerings available for Accounts Payable, is another way to earn a professional certification as a WASBO Certified School Business Specialist (CSBS). This series will focus on professional certification within the ASB track after successful completion of twelve (12) course badges. More information to be provided about additional badges when available.
Assessments for ASB Badge #6 and #8 will be administered virtually at the conclusion of this workshop. A successful passing rate is required in order to receive credit for these badges.
- Dara Sellars, ASB/Internal Controls (Central Kitsap SD)
- Candy Walters, WA State PTA Program Director (Central Kitsap SD, Ridgetop Middle School)
- Cheryl Thresher, Audit Manager (Office of the WA State Auditor)
- Sara Heath, Assistant Audit Manager (Office of the WA State Auditor)
- Brianne King, Executive Director (WASBO)
- Individual (Member or Non-Member): $200/ea
- Groups of Four of More (excludes interns and only applies to groups 4 or more from the same district): $185/ea
- Clock Hours/CPE Credit: 5 hours
For more information on WASBO's Professional Certification Program, please click here.
Please note all cancellation requests received:
- 30+ days prior to the event will receive a 50% refund of the registration fee.
- 29 or less days prior to the event are subject to no refund.
No-Shows are also subject to no refund. If you are registered for a workshop or training and do not attend without alerting the WASBO Team (No-Show), your district will be notified.
Name substitutions and location changes (if applicable, i.e. ASB workshops) will be accepted up to 10 working days prior to the event.