All CPA’s and CPA-Inactive certificate holders in Washington must complete a Board of Accountancy approved professional ethics course at least once every reporting period.
This course is approved by the Washington State Board of Accountancy as meeting the minimum requirement of WAC 4-30-134(3) which requires four CPE hours in the subject area of professional ethics and regulations with specific application to the practice of public accounting in Washington state.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who wants to fulfill the Washington State Board of Accountancy professional ethics requirements necessary for renewal of a CPA license or CPA-Inactive certificate.
To ensure that CPA’s and CPA-Inactive certificate holders maintain a clear understanding of the Public Accountancy Act and the Board’s rules and meet the Board’s renewal requirements.
The following topics are included in the course:
- Information on the Public Accountancy Act, Board of Accountancy rule (Chapter 4-30 WAC) and policies and the rule-making process
- Administration of the Board of Accountancy, including required communications between CPA's and the Board
- Ethics and prohibited practices
- Entry and renewal requirements
- Continuing competency
- Regulation and enforement
- Key differences between the AICPA Code of Conduct and Washington state law
| 7:30 AM
| 8:00 AM
| 12:00 PM
- Members: $110/ea
- Non-Members: $130/ea
Not a WASBO Member? Join today to save money on registration and enjoy the benefits of membership!
- Clock Hours/CPE Credit: 4 hours
For more information on WASBO's Professional Certification Program, please click here.
Please note all cancellations received:
- 30+ days prior to the event will receive a 50% refund of their registration fee
- 29 or less days prior to the event are subject to no refund
No-shows are also subject to no refund. If you are registered for a workshop or training and you do not attend without alerting the WASBO Team (No-Show), your district will be notified.
Name substitutions and location changes (if applicable, i.e. ASB workshops) will be accepted up to 10 working days prior to the event.