Join the WASBO team, colleagues and peers from across the state for four (4) days of learning and networking in Leavenworth, WA!
Despite the event name, the Business Managers Conference is open to ALL professional staff in school district business/administration offices and individuals from related K-12 organizations/associations. Consider this a smaller, more intimate version of the WASBO Annual Conference but the professional growth and networking opportunities are just as large!
general Event Timeline
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Early registration/check-in and refreshments will be available in the PM
- Regular registration/check-in and breakfast to begin at 7:00 AM, workshops to begin all week at 8:00 AM.
- Networking social in the PM: Join the WASBO team for light refreshments, appetizers and plenty of good company! Take this time to (re)connect with attendees and peers, new and old.
- Workshops conclude with lunch around noon.
working Sessions may include*
- Levy & Local Effort Assistance (LEA)
- Budgeting & Monitoring
- Group Activities
- Purchasing, Federal Procurement, Small Works & Public Works
- Capital Projects
- Personal Development
- F-196 & Year End
- Internal Controls and Audits
- Staffing, Contracts, Reduction in Force, Letters of Assurance
- Healthcare - School Employee Benefits Board (SEBB)
- Nutrition Services
- Capital Projects, Risk Management, Transportation
*A full agenda for the event will be made available to all registrants once all content and presentations are finalized.
- $700/WASBO Members (Not a member? Learn more about the benefits of a WASBO membership and how to join here!)
Please note this fee does not include the cost for travel and accommodations. Once registration for the event is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to book a room at the Icicle Village Resort with the group rate.
- Daily breakfast and lunch (Monday to Thursday)
- Networking Social (Monday)
- Digital access to event materials and resources
26 Clock Hour/CPE credits will be available for the 2020 Business Managers Conference.
For more information about WASBO's Professional Certification Program, please click here.
Please note all cancellation requests received:
- 30+ days prior to the event will receive a 50% refund of the registration fee.
- 29 or less days prior to the event are subject to no refund.
No-Shows are also subject to no refund. If you are registered for a workshop or training and do not attend without alerting the WASBO Team (No-Show), your district will be notified.
Name substitutions and location changes (if applicable, i.e. ASB workshops) will be accepted up to 10 working days prior to the event.