WASBO has entered into an exciting partnership with the Illinois, Oregon and Wisconsin Associations of School Business Officials to offer p-Card to school districts at no cost.
Many school districts are turning to p-Cards instead of using traditional purchase orders. The experts note that “The average cost of processing a purchase order manually is between $75 and $200. Automating procurement reduces that cost to between $10 and $40…
The Return-On-Investment (ROI) for eProcurement is amazing.” Deloitte Consulting
The key to success is getting p-Cards into the hands of those who are currently making small purchases generating PO’s of less than $1,000. p-Card member spending limits can be established for each card in a variety of ways such as by creating transaction limits per card, establishing monthly limits and restricting use to only preferred suppliers. Interested in what other Washington School Districts are participating?
List of current WASBO BMO PCard participants
Why is WASBO sponsoring the p-Card Service? The program –
- Eliminates the need for a separate contract for each district.
- Reduces multiple legal expenses.
- Provides rebates to schools that could not be obtained separately.
- Provides contract negotiation clout to assure low rates.
- Creates a user group/support network not obtainable with multiple programs and different contracts.
- Eliminates all start up costs to the district.
- Provides better training and in-servicing. The service is available 24-7.
- Creates a statewide database of what is being purchased and the quantity.
The program is easy to use and is managed online. Master Card was selected as the p-Card provider. It is accepted globally at over 35 million locations, few if any other cards are more widely accepted. Retailers benefit from low transaction charges. It has one of the lowest rates in the industry. The company has a superior vision around technology and e-commerce. MasterCoverage fraud protection insurance is provided. There is a dedicated Merchant Group (Moneris) to sign up suppliers. Cards are custom designed displaying the name of card holder, school district and tax exempt number (if desired). Individualized training is provided to the school district staff. There is no limit to the number of cards that may be issued.
Tutorials and lots more PCard information is available on the Illinois ASBO BMO p-Card Website
WASBO PCard Application Materials and Forms